The Baker Fireman’s Fountain is located in the Village of Owego’s courthouse square. The fountain was given to the Village of Owego and its firefighters in 1914 by Frank M. Baker as a memorial to his son, George Hobart Baker, who was killed in an automobile accident in 1913. Both men had been members and chief engineers of the Owego Fire Department. The fountain was last restored in 2000 and has again fallen into disrepair. Frank M. Baker was instrumental in organizing the Firemen’s Association of the State of New York (FASNY), of which he was secretary from 1874 to 1884, inclusive, and president in 1884 and 1885. He was president of the Central New York Firemen’s Association (CNYFA) in 1893. The fountain, depicting a fireman holding a baby, is a symbol of Owego and its community minded residents. The hose teams recently secured a $20,000 grant for the fountain’s restoration from the Mildred Faulkner Truman Foundation.